React Frontend Developer (Puerto Rico)
Reports to: Lead Frontend Engineer
Job Classification: Exempt
MortgageHippo is bringing mortgage lending into modern times, where we make processes seamless and intuitive and leverage data instead of paper to maximize efficiency. We offer mortgage lenders consumer-centric, cloud-based platforms that provide a seamless and compelling digital mortgage experience.
We work in small, fast-paced, cross-functional agile teams where Engineering partners closely with Product to deliver optimal solutions to our clients and their customers. UX is at the core of our value proposition, not an afterthought. Our tech stack is React, Rails, and PostgreSQL delivered via an AWS infrastructure.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
- You will work with smart, creative and respectful people who are passionate about solving tough problems.
- We give you opportunities in line with your talents and aspirations. We value your passions and interests.
- We encourage some amount of full-stack development for all team members, which means learning something new every day.
- We believe in the power of shared outcomes. Talk to us about compensation including competitive salary and stock options.
- We offer flexible schedule.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Computer science or similar educational background.
- 1+ years overall frontend application development with React.
- Experience with building a customizable and extendable platform architecture is a plus.
- Experience with the Fintech/Mortgage Industry in a technical role is a plus.
- Some experience with backend application development using Ruby is a plus.
- Energetic, confident and motivated with the ability to think on your feet.
- Experience in start-ups and/or on a mission to dump the suit and 10-meetings-per-day culture to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done!
- As needed, to visit our Chicago headquarters - usually 1-4 times per year.
Day-to-day you will be working in person with our world-class frontend development team in Puerto Rico. In addition, you will be interacting daily with the Chicago-based development and design/product teams. As mentioned we have a flexible schedule, and working remotely certain days is also an option, as arranged between you and the lead frontend engineer.
You will be responsible for building new and improving existing features in client-facing web apps, internal tools, and help building parts of our Design System, using React and GraphQL.
If you have questions (which you probably do) please reach out and we will be happy to chat.