Frontend Software Engineer (React)
Reports to: CTO
Job Classification: Exempt
MortgageHippo is bringing mortgage lending into modern times, where we make processes seamless and intuitive and leverage data instead of paper to maximize efficiency. We offer mortgage lenders consumer-centric, cloud-based platforms that provide a seamless and compelling digital mortgage experience.
We work in small, fast-paced, cross-functional agile teams where Engineering partners closely with Product to deliver optimal solutions to our clients and their customers. UX is at the core of our value proposition, not an afterthought. Our tech stack is React, Rails, and PostgreSQL delivered via an AWS infrastructure.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
- You will work with smart and creative people who are passionate about solving tough problems.
- We give you opportunities in line with your talents and aspirations. We value your passions and interests.
- We encourage some amount of full-stack development for all team members, which means learning something new every day.
- We believe in the power of shared outcomes. Talk to us about compensation including competitive salary and stock options.
- We offer a flexible schedule and vacation policy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Solid computer science or similar educational background
- 3+ years overall frontend application development (1+ years in React.js).
- Experience with building a customizable and extendable platform architecture a plus.
- Experience with the Fintech/Mortgage Industry in a technical role a plus.
- Some experience with backend application development using Ruby a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Energetic, confident and motivated with the ability to think on your feet.
- Experience in start-ups and/or on a mission to dump the suit and 10-meetings-per-day culture to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done!
- As needed to visit clients or attend conferences, up to 5%.
- Technical Capacity
- Results Driven
- Customer Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Strategic Thinking