Mid/Senior React Front-End Developer (San Juan, Puerto Rico)
We are looking to expand our team in Puerto Rico with an experienced front-end developer (JS/React).
MortgageHippo is bringing mortgage lending into modern times, where we make processes seamless and intuitive and leverage data instead of paper to maximize efficiency. We offer banks, credit unions and other mortgage lenders a consumer-centric, cloud-based platform that provides a seamless and compelling digital mortgage experience.
We work in small, fast-paced, cross-functional agile teams where Engineering partners closely with Product to deliver optimal solutions to our clients and their customers. UX is at the core of our value proposition, not an afterthought. Our tech stack is React + GraphQL, Rails, and PostgreSQL delivered via an AWS infrastructure.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
- You will work with smart and creative people who are passionate about solving tough problems.
- We give you opportunities in line with your talents and aspirations. We value your passions and interests.
- We encourage some amount of full-stack development for all team members, which means learning something new every day.
- We believe in the power of shared outcomes. Talk to us about compensation including competitive salary and stock options.
- We offer a flexible schedule policy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
You must have:
- Computer Science or similar educational background
- 3+ years of actual coding front-end development experience
- minimum 1 year experience with React on a real-world product
It's a plus if you:
- have worked in the Fintech/Mortgage Industry in a technical role
- are a full-stack developer (Ruby on Rails)
- have worked at a tech startup
- Work with the front-end team to help maintain and extend our current platform
- Work with technologies such as GraphQL, Apollo, styled-components, AWS, micro-services etc.
- Work with reasonable people who know their stuff
- Report to the lead front-end developer
San Juan, Puerto Rico. We normally work in person 4 days a week in San Juan, and 1 day from home. Because of the current situation everyone works remotely for the foreseeable future, and whenever things go back to normal we will resume working in person as mentioned above. For that reason you should be based in Puerto Rico.
As needed to visit clients, Chicago headquarters or attend conferences, up to 5%.
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Access to 401k
- Competitive compensation (based on professional experience)
- Results Driven
- Fast Learner
- Communication Proficiency
Job Classification: Exempt