Junior Ruby Developer (Chicago)
Reports to: Lead Developer
Job Classification: Exempt
MortgageHippo is bringing mortgage lending into modern times, where we make processes seamless and intuitive and leverage data instead of paper to maximize efficiency. We offer mortgage lenders consumer-centric, cloud-based platforms that provide a seamless and compelling digital mortgage experience.
We work in small, fast-paced, cross-functional agile teams where Engineering partners closely with Product to deliver optimal solutions to our clients and their customers. Our tech stack is React, Rails, and PostgreSQL delivered via an AWS infrastructure.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
- You will work with smart and creative people who are passionate about solving tough problems.
- We give you opportunities in line with your talents and aspirations. We value your passions and interests.
- We encourage some amount of full-stack development for all team members, which means learning something new every day.
- We believe in the power of shared outcomes. Talk to us about compensation including competitive salary and stock options.
- We offer a flexible schedule policy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bootcamp experience or similar educational background
- Experience working with a full stack Rails application and APIs
- Experience in the Fintech/Mortgage Industry is a plus
- Some experience with frontend application development using React a plus
- Implement new apps from the ground up
- Use modern technologies and concepts such as GraphQL, Apollo, styled-components, microservices
- Work with reasonable people who know their stuff (frontend, backend, strategy and design)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Energetic, confident and motivated with the ability to think on your feet.
- Experience in start-ups and/or on a mission to dump the suit and 10-meetings-per-day culture to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done!
- Be comfortable if not everything is 100% pre-defined for you and also know when to stop to ask a question
- This position is for an onsite developer at our Chicago office
- As needed to visit clients or attend conferences, up to 5%.
- Technical Capacity
- Results Driven
- Customer Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Strategic Thinking